These chocolate molten lava cakes are such an indulgent treat! Perfect for a special occasion, yet easy enough for every day.
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing custard cups
- 2 tablespoons sugar, plus more for the custard cups
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F, and grease two 6 to 8-ounce custard cups or ramekins generously with butter. Put a small spoonful of sugar in each cup, then turn the cup sideways and rotate it so that the sugar is coating the butter all around. Dump out any excess sugar. Place the greased cups on a baking sheet or oven safe dish.
- Put the chopped chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it on high for 30 seconds, take it out and stir it, then microwave it for another 30 seconds and stir it again. It should be completely melted. If there are still chunks of unmelted chocolate, microwave for another 20 seconds and stir.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream the room temperature butter and the sugar with an electric mixer or a rubber spatula. The mixture should be thoroughly combined, smooth, and paste-like, not lumpy.
- Add the two eggs to the creamed butter and sugar, and beat it with the electric mixer or a whisk until everything is combined and the mixture is starting to foam, about a minute. Add the flour and salt, and again beat everything with the mixer until it's thoroughly mixed.
- Get full recipe==>>buzzfeed.com